The Problem with Men is ME

I have come to determine that the problem with men is ME! Every man that I have encountered in my life is a stage that I go through. The one’s that just want a booty call partner was a reflection of my unwillingness to commit. I was too afraid to get hurt so it was just easier to have momentary pleasures and harden my heart. Disengagement of my reality rather than to show you how great I am!

The one that loved me but hurt me was the one I settled for when I felt like damaged goods. He made me feel wonderful but he felt he was never good enough so it was easy to hurt me rather than value me. I didn’t want to give up on him because giving up on him somehow seemed like I was giving up on myself.
The ones I hurt unintentionally were the ones I wanted to take a chance with but I got scared to commit to because I might have found that someone that I can spend the rest of my life with.
Do you see the trend? I do! It’s my self-worth. I didn’t see how worthy I am to have someone that I can be his only one & him for me. To spend time with, make plans with, grow old with. Commitment was my fear!
But not anymore, I’m finally forced to learn to take things slow. Truly get to know someone & anticipate what’s going to happen next! I call this the “I Don’t Know Stage”! It’s a book I want to flip through fast because the plot is insanely intriguing and addicting!
The questions~ Does he like me? Does he want more for us? Is he ready for that? Is he the one that’s worthy of my greatness? Does he appreciate the time & attention I give him? Am I too much? Or not enough? Does he think about me as much as I think about him? Should I back off & act like I don’t care when I truly do?
No more flipping to the last page & reading the end of the story first! (Don’t act like you’ve never done this before~ you’re not innocent!)
So to the men I once dated, gave in to momentary pleasure, and to the one I truly loved~ thank you for those moments they were lessons to learn from. Trust me when I say, I’m not the person you met years ago! I value myself much more, enough to say no and not bother with you. If you genuinely want to say hi, you are welcomed to. However don’t expect favors~ it’s not going to happen. No, you cannot have me one more time for old time sake. You may have had your chance & most likely blew or it was what it was! Done, over with & you’re the past! If you dare approach me with ulterior motives don’t be surprised to not receive a response & then find a post or blog about you! I’m just saying! J
My only interest is profound intimacy, someone who wants me just as much as I want him but respects me enough to give us time! I’m ready for you, and you will have the Best of Me. J

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts