Missing My Co-Star

Did ever realize that you are the co-star in my life?

Every trip down memory lane returns to yours
You were my sweet escape from this stressful reality
You filled in the gaps of my loneliness
Lying next to you, with your skin to my skin always made me feel complete
Sleeping with you was as natural as exhaling is to every breath taken in
Public displays of affection was never bothersome when it was with you
Kissing, holding hands, & hugging felt like an announcement to those who watched
For the moment while it lasted we belonged to each other
Every night as I lay in bed I close my eyes to think of you
My haunting memory, my sweet escape, going out will never be the same without you
I hold you in my heart just as tight as I my memories
I’d take the bad in with the good just to be with you again

Comments

Popular Posts