Perfectly Imperfect Me

I find myself difficult to define! We are all emotional creatures trying to figure this constant energy around us filled with action that we call life! Everyday it’s a question, maybe the same one over and over again! Confused as to when it will be answered and what or whom will the answer be! I find it hard to embrace myself! But why would that be such a difficult thing to do? Society & loved ones are constantly telling us to change!

You’re not patient enough, you’re to fat~ join a gym, get laser hair removal, you need to learn to commit~ submit yourself to those not willing to do the same, you’re not successful enough~ I’ve got just the business for you! You need to volunteer and be charitable! Why am I not enough? Why can’t I stop and look at myself in the mirror and say “I’m beautiful!” without pointing out my flaws? Why can’t I just see me as a rare gem?

I just want to accept myself as who I am! I’m a loyal friend and lover. Why is it so wrong to just want to give myself to one person? Why have a backup plan?! All or nothing is how it should be! If I give myself to you~ you should want all of me not just a day, a time, or a portion! It should be all or nothing! I should expect the same from you! I want all of you not a portion of you!

The same attitude should be taken in friendship, or at work, and in life! All or nothing~ don’t half ass your job! I’m sure you don’t want your raise to be half-assed!

Why should I have to change my attitude, alter who I am to accommodate others? Would they do the same for me? Absolutely not! If you wanted an emotionless robot, then create one! God created me in his image, I’m perfectly imperfect! Just as he made me! Constant change is exhausting! For once I’d like to be still in the moment! Embrace me! Because I’m perfectly imperfect the way my Father made me, who will be the lucky man to embrace me?

Comments

Popular Posts